Designing Infrastructure for Private Clouds
Designing Infrastructure for Private Clouds (½ day)
Private cloud deployments are often just a glorified facade for server virtualization, missing the flexibility, elasticity and self-service aspects of cloud services.
The missteps leading to this sad state usually start in the design phase, making it even more important to focus on the design of your private cloud infrastructure.
This workshop covers numerous design aspects you have to consider when building a private cloud, from compute capacity planning to storage options, virtual networks and virtualized network services.
- Designing Infrastructure for Private Clouds is a ½ day intensive instructor-led workshop.
- We can customize the workshop by including in-depth technical details or discussions of customer’s specific design challenges.
- Contact us for more details or if you want to have an on-site workshop for a closed group of up to 20 attendees
This half-day workshop will focus on the design aspects of private cloud infrastructure including:
- Private cloud design principles
- The importance of cloud orchestration software
- Selecting Optimal compute capacity
- Storage aspects, including software-defined storage (SDS)
- Network services implementation (physical appliances or virtualized network services)
- Selecting optimal network virtualization technology
- Designing network infrastructure and network services cluster
After attending this workshop you'll be able to:
- Prioritize your design and decision-making process
- Evaluate how emerging technologies (SDDC, SDN, SDS, overlay networks) fit into your next-generation data center design
- Select the optimal infrastructure for your private or public cloud deployment.
Designing Infrastructure for Private Clouds is a half-day on-site workshop. The workshop can be extended by in-depth technical details or discussions of customer’s specific design challenges.
Who Should Attend
This workshop targets architects and designers who are planning, designing or building next-generation data centers supporting private cloud services. It will also help server, virtualization, security and networking engineers understand the limitations of traditional data center designs and the options made available with the emerging software-defined technologies.
About the Author
Ivan Pepelnjak, CCIE#1354 Emeritus, is an independent network architect, book author, blogger and regular speaker at industry events like Interop, RIPE and regional NOG meetings. He has been designing and implementing large-scale service provider and enterprise networks since 1990, and is currently using his expertise to help multinational enterprises and large cloud- and service providers design next-generation data center and cloud infrastructure using Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) approaches and technologies.
- SDN, NFV and OpenFlow
- Network Automation
- Cloud Infrastructure and SDDC
- Data Center webinars
- Virtualization webinars
- IPv6 webinars
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
Products and Services
- Yearly subscription
- ExpertExpress and Consulting
- Live events and on-site workshops
- Webinars and recordings
- Customized webinars
Related blog posts