Need an overview of what Intent-Based Networking (IBN) is? Start with these blog posts:
When marketers discovered intent-based (like SDN a few years earlier) got a bad rap, they started telling us how declarative APIs are better than imperative ones:
Wonder what the drawbacks of are? We described a few of them:
- Intent-Based Hype
- Layers of Single-Pane-of-Glass Abstractions Won’t Solve Your Problems
- BGP Route Selection: a Failure of Intent-Based Networking
- How Hard Is It to Manage Your Intent?
- Stop Using GUI to Configure SDN or Intent-Based Products
- Intent-Based Networking: Another Victim of Sturgeon's Law
- Network Automation Products for Brownfield Deployments
We covered two products in this category in Software Gone Wild podcasts:
Want to know more?
- Network Automation Use Cases webinar describes the principles, benefits and drawbacks of Intent-Based Networking;
- Building Network Automation Solutions online course includes a deep dive into Apstra AOS.
You might also enjoy these related blog posts: