Webinar: 4.50 Instructor: 4.69 Materials: 4.72 more …
IPv6 security challenges are almost identical to their IPv4 counterparts. There are layer-2 attacks, denial-of-service attacks, eavesdropping and session hijacking attacks, and routing security challenges.
This webinar describes the major IPv6 security challenges, the countermeasures you can take, and Cisco IOS features that can help you build secure IPv6 infrastructure. It covers the following topics:
- Typical IPv6 security issues and attack vectors;
- First-hop (layer-2) vulnerabilities;
- Denial-of-service attacks, including the attacks specific to IPv6 protocol stack;
- User authentication and authorization;
- Routing security;
- Dual-stack- and tunneling-related exposures.
About the Authors
Eric Vyncke is a Distinguished Engineer based in the Brussels office of Cisco Systems. His main current technical focus is about security and IPv6. He has designed several secured hosting services, large IPsec networks, and other security related designs.
In his work for the IETF, he co-authored RFC 3585 and 5514 and is active in V6OPS, 6MAN and OPSEC working groups. His recent works are related to IPv6 including co-authoring a book on IPv6 Security.
He is also a visiting professor for security topics at the University of Mons. He is an adjunct professor at HEC, the business school of University of Liège, Begium. He holds a CISSP certification and speaks frequently at international conferences.
Ivan Pepelnjak (CCIE#1354 Emeritus) has been designing, deploying, operating and troubleshooting IP-based enterprise and service provider networks since 1990. He’s the author of EIGRP and MPLS books published by Cisco Press, numerous articles and highly praised webinars, including Building Large IPv6 Service Provider Networks, IPv6 Transition Mechanisms and ||SDNUses|Real Life OpenFlow-based SDN Use Cases]].
If you’re planning to design, deploy or operate an IPv6 network, you simply have to attend this webinar, regardless of whether you’re working in an enterprise or service provider environment.
The IPv6 Security is a 2-hour technical presentation. You can buy its recording immediately; we can also organize an on-site event, where the topics of this presentation are combined with in-depth discussion of other IPv6-related topics that apply to your network.
When buying the webinar recording, you’ll get a PDF copy of the presentation materials, WebEx recording in ARF format, and downloadable MP4 videos.
- Listened to @ioshints webinar on #ipv6security I highly recommended it to others
- Webinar materials in PDF format (list)
- Immediate access to current materials and past recordings
- Recording of the live WebEx sessions
- Updates to webinar materials and recordings
- SDN, NFV and OpenFlow
- Cloud Infrastructure and SDDC
- Data Center webinars
- Virtualization webinars
- IPv6 webinars
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
- IPv6 Fundamentals, Design and Deployment
- IPv6 Fundamentals Remote Lab Bundle
- Integrating IPv6 in Service Provider and Enterprise Networks
- IPv6 Security (highly recommended)
- Deploying IPv6 Networks
- Global IPv6 Strategies: From Business Analysis to Operational Planning
Related blog posts