Cloud Computing Networking
Webinar: 4.53 Instructor: 4.85 Materials: 4.61 more …
This 3-hour webinar describes the networking requirements of various cloud services (from infrastructure virtualization to software-as-a-service solutions) and designs you can use to build scalable data center networks that support them, with the focus on Infrastructure-as-a-Service and underlying scalable architectures.
If you’re a network architect, designer or implementation engineer working in environments that plan to introduce cloud-based services, this three hour webinar is a must-have overview of available technologies, network designs, and scalability concerns.
The webinar covers three major topics:
- Cloud services overview;
- Available multi-tenant virtual networking solutions;
- Scalability aspects of multi-tenant IaaS solutions.
Cloud services overview
This part of the webinar describes:
- Cloud services taxonomy;
- Networking requirements of various cloud services;
- Infrastructure-as-a-Service and soft (hypervisor) switches;
- Requirements of VM mobility;
Multi-tenant virtual networking solutions
The following categories of virtual networking solutions are described in this part of the webinar:
- Multi-tenant deployments with virtual firewalls;
- Userspace solutions: from Cisco Cloud Services Router and CohesiveFT VNS3 to Cisco Nexus 1000V Interlink and CloudSwitch;
- Layer-2 solutions (VLANs, Metro Ethernet, Edge Virtual Bridging – 802.1Qbg)
- MAC-over-IP solutions (VXLAN, Hyper-V Network Virtualization, VMware NSX)
- IP-over-IP solutions (Juniper Contrail, Amazon EC2)
It doesn’t make sense to deploy highly scalable (but more complex) architectures if your infrastructure doesn’t have to scale to thousands of servers. This part of the webinar will help you select the most appropriate architecture and multi-tenant virtual networking technology for your problem based on the number of physical servers and tenants you envision in your environment.
To attend this webinar, you should be familiar with the basics of layer-2 switching, VLANs, IPv4, IP routing and Internet-related protocols (DNS and HTTP).
Awareness of virtual networking concepts and VMware-related challenges are highly recommended. Consider listening to the Introduction to Virtual Networking and VMware Networking Technical Deep Dive webinars.
The Cloud Computing Networking is a 3-hour presentation that can be delivered over the Internet, combined with other topics into a longer overview presentation or incorporated into a customized on-site training.
Ivan Pepelnjak (CCIE#1354 Emeritus) has been designing, deploying, operating and troubleshooting IP-based enterprise and service provider networks since 1990. He’s the author of EIGRP and MPLS books published by Cisco Press, numerous articles and highly praised webinars, including Data Center 3.0 for Networking Engineers and Data Center Interconnects.
- SDN and OpenFlow
- Cloud Computing and Networking
- Data Center webinars
- Virtualization webinars
- IPv6 webinars
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN) webinars
- Introduction to Virtualized Networking
- VMware Networking Deep Dive
- Data Center 3.0 for Networking Engineers
- Data Center Interconnects
- Data Center Trilogy
Related blog posts