DMVPN New Features
Do you have to deploy DMVPN spoke routers behind third-party NAT boxes? Run DMVPN over IPv6? Build truly scalable Phase III DMVPN networks? Deploy QoS in DMVPN networks? In this webinar you’ll learn how to do all that.
This 3-hour webinar is a continuation of the DMVPN – From Basics to Scalable Networks webinar (make sure you watch that one first) and covers new DMVPN features introduced in Cisco IOS release 15.0M and 15.1T.
- Buy all three DMVPN webinars in DMVPN trilogy
If you’re considering DMVPN deployment beyond a few sites, you simply must attend this advanced webinar. Regardless of whether you’re a high-end consultant, a network designer working on a complex DMVPN-based design or a deployment engineer – you’ll appreciate the high-level overviews, configuration tips and the intricate technical details of all the scenarios covered during the webinar.
To attend this webinar, you should be very familiar with IP routing and IP routing protocols (CCNP-level knowledge is highly recommended) and have good understanding of DMVPN as gained through the DMVPN – From Basics to Scalable Networks webinar.
The webinar covers the following topics:
- DMVPN configuration using hostnames;
- Running DMVPN across third-party NAT devices;
- QoS in DMVPN networks and per-tunnel QoS functionality;
- DMVPN in IPv6-enabled Internet
- Tunnel health monitoring and tunnel state control;
- NHS clusters and primary/backup NHS in Phase 3 DMVPN networks
- Spoke tunnel address allocation with DHCP.
The workshop does not address platform-specific issues or performance guidelines. These topics are covered in Cisco’s design guides.
IPSec configuration is largely ignored, as it’s an independent part of the DMVPN design.
After the webinar, the attendees receive several sets of complete router configurations covering every single scenario described in the webinar. The seven router lab topology emulates an enterprise DMVPN deployment with a redundant central site, a redundant remote site (with two routers) and two non-redundant remote sites (using two uplinks in a few scenarios). The seventh router emulates the Internet. The configurations can be used on any hardware (real or otherwise) supporting recent Cisco IOS software, allowing you to test and modify the design scenarios discussed in the webinar.
Feedback from the attendees
- Session was clear, I saw a lot of future nice to have features for our DMVPN cloud.
- Jorn van Riel
- An excellent overview of new DMVPN features. Much better than reading any book or Cisco online article. Please continue to produce this high standard of material. Your website/blog are very useful and I appreciate all the time and effort you put into it
- Lachlan Falconer
Ivan Pepelnjak (CCIE#1354) has been designing, deploying, operating and troubleshooting IP-based Enterprise and Service Provider networks since 1990. He’s the author of highly successful EIGRP and MPLS books published by Cisco press and Service Provider courses now offered by Cisco Systems and technical reviewer of several other VPN-related books. Recently he wrote articles describing the next-generation Service Provider networks and blogged about various internetworking issues.
- Webinar materials in PDF format
- Immediate access to webinar materials
- Live interactive session in a WebEx classroom
- Recording of your WebEx session
- Complete sets of sample router configurations
- Updates to webinar materials and recordings
Related blog posts