Network Automation Use Cases
Webinar: 4.93 Instructor: 5.00 Materials: 4.80 more …
Network Automation Use CasesLive session on Tuesday, January 24th 12:00 EST
This webinar describes several real-life network automation use cases including:
- Abstracting network state and using abstracted state in checking network correctness;
- Automating IPv6 deployments
- Automatic deployment of data center fabrics (January 2017)
- Automating network security (February 2017)
- Monitoring network traffic and responding to traffic shifts (spring 2017)
The webinar will be delivered as a series of independent live sessions. The first session (November 22nd 2016) focuses on abstracted network state and automated IPv6 deployments.
Abstracting network state
David Barroso will describe how building abstractions can help you get to your goals faster, improve your daily operations and reliability and how it can help your organization work together.
Automating IPv6 deployments
Deploying IPv6 on all servers, switches, routers, firewalls and load balancers is absolutely boring (once you figure out what needs to be done) and error-prone, resulting in potentially awesome troubleshooting experiences.
However, every well-defined repeatable process can be automated, and IPv6 deployment is no exception. This section will help you get started on your journey to automated IPv6 network deployment.
Automating Data Center Fabric Deployments
In this section of the webinar Dinesh Dutt (Cumulus Networks) describes a data center fabric automation use case:
- Simplifying the fabric design and corresponding device configuration;
- Generating device configurations with Jinja2 templates;
- Deploying configurations and managing devices with Ansible.
About the Author
About the webinar
- Excellent in depth approach to tackling the technical challenges for automating networks
- Wim Gerrits
About the materials
- More use cases would be great, as networks are so diverse.
- Wim Gerrits
- Both segments (NAPALM and IPv6)
provided both deep insight as well
as just a basic introduction to these
really powerful tools/clutch use cases
that are not available anywhere else
in the world, no matter how many
sources you try to synthesize them from
- buck huppmann
- Webinar materials in PDF format (list)
- Live webinar session
- Recording of virtual classroom session
- Downloadable videos in MP4 format (list)
- SDN, NFV and OpenFlow
- Network Automation
- Cloud Infrastructure and SDDC
- Data Center webinars
- Virtualization webinars
- IPv6 webinars
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
Related blog posts