Networking in Private and Public Clouds
Networking in Private and Public Clouds (½ day)
Networking in Private and Public CloudsInstructor-led workshop on Thursday, April 6th 9:00 CEST
|Start date/time:||Thursday, April 6th 9:00 CEST|
|End date/time:||Thursday, April 6th 13:00 CEST|
|Instructor-led workshop||$ 650.00|
This half-day workshop describes the networking requirements of various cloud services (from infrastructure virtualization to software-as-a-service solutions), designs you can use to build scalable networking infrastructure that support them, and solutions you can use to integrate private and public cloud services (hybrid cloud)
- Networking in Private and Public Clouds is a ½ day intensive instructor-led workshop.
- We can customize the workshop by including in-depth technical details or discussions of customer’s specific design challenges.
- Contact us for more details or if you want to have an on-site workshop for a closed group of up to 20 attendees
The workshop covers four major topics:
- Cloud services overview and associated networking requirements;
- Overview of multi-tenant virtual networking solutions;
- Scalability aspects of multi-tenant infrastructure-as-a-service solutions;
- Integration of public and private clouds.
Cloud Services Overview
This part of the webinar describes:
- Cloud services taxonomy;
- Networking requirements of various cloud services;
- Infrastructure-as-a-Service and soft (hypervisor) switches;
- Requirements of VM mobility;
Multi-Tenant Virtual Networking Solutions
The following categories of virtual networking solutions are described in this part of the webinar:
- Multi-tenant deployments based on virtual firewalls;
- Virtual networking implemented on top-of-rack switches;
- Virtual networking implemented in hypervisor hosts;
- Networking technologies used by large-scale cloud providers;
- Integration of virtual and physical networks.
The scalability part of this section will help you select the most appropriate architecture and multi-tenant virtual networking technology for your problem based on the number of physical servers and tenants you envision in your environment.
Integration of Public and Private Clouds
This section describes common integration methods one can use to connect a private data center infrastructure or VPN to a public cloud service. The workshop will cover best practices recommended by major cloud providers as well as userspace solutions (example: Cisco Cloud Services Router and CohesiveFT VNS3)
After attending this workshop you'll be able to:
- Identify the networking needs of cloud services deployed by your organization;
- Specify the requirements for the networking infrastructure supporting your private or public cloud deployment;
- Select the optimal virtual networking technology based on the planned cloud services;
- Integrate your data center infrastructure or private cloud with public cloud services;
- Integrate a public cloud service with public VPN services.
Who Should Attend
This workshop targets data center or networking architects and designers who are planning, designing or building cloud infrastructure for private or public clouds, or integrating their internal networking infrastructure with a public cloud service.
If you’re one of them, then this half-day workshop is a must-have overview of available technologies, network designs, and scalability concerns.
About the Author
Ivan Pepelnjak, CCIE#1354 Emeritus, is an independent network architect, book author, blogger and regular speaker at industry events like Interop, RIPE and regional NOG meetings. He has been designing and implementing large-scale service provider and enterprise networks since 1990, and is currently using his expertise to help multinational enterprises and large cloud- and service providers design next-generation data center and cloud infrastructure using Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) approaches and technologies.
- SDN, NFV and OpenFlow
- Network Automation
- Cloud Infrastructure and SDDC
- Data Center webinars
- Virtualization webinars
- IPv6 webinars
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
Products and Services
- Yearly subscription
- ExpertExpress and Consulting
- Live events and on-site workshops
- Webinars and recordings
- Customized webinars
Related blog posts