I’m usually available for short consulting and professional services engagements:
- The quickest and simplest way to get a quick design review, a troubleshooting session, or a second opinion, is the ExpertExpress service.
- If you’d like to organize a short on-site workshop or a customized webinar, send me an e-mail.
- For longer engagements, contact me and I’ll help you engage our professional services team (check out our experts).
ExpertExpress Case Studies
These case studies describe network design or deployment problems typically discussed during ExpertExpress sessions. They're based on real-life queries and consulting engagements but never represent an actual customer network.
- Large multi-homed content provider has experienced numerous brownouts in the Internet edge of its data center network caused by high CPU load on the Internet edge routers following a link or EBGP session loss.
- A large enterprise (the Customer) has an existing international WAN backbone using BGP as the routing protocol. They plan to replace a regional access network with DMVPN-based solution and want to extend the existing BGP routing protocol into the access network to be able to scale the access network to several thousand sites.
- In a network with two data centers connected with a layer-2 DCI link, implement optimal route advertisement toward enterprise WAN and Internet that survives failures of individual links, node, or subsystems, and avoids split-brain scenario or traffic blackholing.
- A large enterprise (the Customer) has a WAN backbone based on MPLS/VPN service offered by a regional Service Provider (SP). The traffic in the Customer’s WAN network has been increasing steadily prompting the customer to increase the MPLS/VPN bandwidth or to deploy an alternate VPN solution. The Customer decided to trial IPsec VPN over the public Internet, initially as a backup, and potentially as the primary WAN connectivity solution.
- In a network with two data centers (connected with a layer-3 DCI link), ensure the Internet users reach applications running in a data center even if all its Internet links fail.
Products and Services
- Webinars and workshops
- Webinar recordings
- Yearly subscription
- ExpertExpress and Consulting
- Customized webinars and on-site workshops
About Ivan Pepelnjak
- Cloud Computing Networking (Update)
11 December 2013
- SDN, NFV and OpenFlow for Skeptics
22 January 2014
- Data Center Fabrics Update
14 May 2014