VMware NSX, Cisco ACI or Standard-Based EVPN
VMware NSX, Cisco ACI or Standard-Based EVPNInstructor-led workshop on Tuesday, May 16th 9:00 CEST
|Start date/time:||Tuesday, May 16th 9:00 CEST|
|End date/time:||Tuesday, May 16th 17:00 CEST|
Are you building a new data center fabric? Are you trying to decide whether to use VMware NSX or Cisco ACI? How about using EVPN solution from Arista, Brocade, Cisco, Cumulus Networks, Juniper or someone else? Can you use whitebox switches with VMware NSX? Does it make sense to run VMware NSX on top of Cisco ACI? This fast-paced half-day workshop will answer all these question (and many more), and help you select the best option for your environment.
The workshop will cover these major topics:
- What do you really need – an overview of virtual and physical network services your data center fabric should provide, including physical transport infrastructure, virtual networks, and security services like microsegmentation;
- What do various products do? – An overview of what VMware NSX, Cisco ACI or a standard-based EVPN solution from Arista, Brocade, Cisco, Cumulus Networks or Juniper provides.
- How could I implement various network services with these products?
- How will my virtualized workload interact with the outside world? How will the VMs communicate with bare-metal servers?
- How can I reduce the size of failure domains in my data center?
- Can I use these products to build multi-pod or multi-DC environments?
After attending this workshop you'll be able to:
- Identify the features offered by VMware NSX, Cisco ACI and EVPN-based data center fabrics from major data center vendors;
- Select the product suitable for your environment based on the environment’s complexity, desired level of automation and self-service, and existing virtualization infrastructure;
- Integrate products from multiple vendors into an optimal data center infrastructure.
VMware NSX, Cisco ACI or Standard-Based EVPN is a ½ day on-site workshop. The workshop can be extended by in-depth technical details or discussions of customer’s specific design challenges.
Who Should Attend
This workshop targets data center or networking architects and designers who are planning, designing or building modern fabric- or virtualization-based data center infrastructure.
If you’re one of them, then this half-day workshop is a must-have overview of typical use cases, available products, and their interoperability.
About the Authors
Ivan Pepelnjak, CCIE#1354 Emeritus, is an independent network architect, book author, blogger and regular speaker at industry events like Interop, RIPE and regional NOG meetings. He has been designing and implementing large-scale service provider and enterprise networks since 1990, and is currently using his expertise to help multinational enterprises and large cloud- and service providers design next-generation data center and cloud infrastructure using Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) approaches and technologies.
Mitja Robas (IT architect at NIL) is a data center expert, with more than fifteen years of experience in designing, implementing and supporting high-demand data centers, and complex networks and virtualization solutions deployed all over the world. Apart from field and consulting engineer role, he acts also as an instructor and content developer for specialized courses and workshops, sharing his knowledge with engineers around the world. Recently he's been focusing on all-flash storage, software defined networking and cloud computing, exercising his curiosity in testing and analyzing those solutions
- Building Active-Active and Disaster Recovery Data Centers
- Data Center Fabrics Overview
- Designing Infrastructure for Private Clouds
- Designing Leaf-and-Spine Fabrics Workshop
- Hands-On Network Automation
- IPv6 Planning and Design Workshop
- Networking in Private and Public Clouds
- SDN, OpenFlow and NFV Workshop
- Software Defined Data Centers (SDDC) Workshop
- Virtual Firewalls Workshop
- SDN, NFV and OpenFlow
- Network Automation
- Cloud Infrastructure and SDDC
- Data Center webinars
- Virtualization webinars
- IPv6 webinars
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
Products and Services
- Yearly subscription
- ExpertExpress and Consulting
- Live events and on-site workshops
- Webinars and recordings
- Customized webinars
Related blog posts