Network Automation Tools
Webinar: 4.50 Instructor: 4.44 Materials: 4.41 more …
Buy the webinar
|Downloadable MP4 videos and PDF materials (list)||$ 49.99|
|Digital book in PDF format||$ 49.99|
|Yearly subscription (more)||$ 299.00|
Are you wondering:
- Why all the networking vendors talk about Puppet and Chef?
- What the difference between Puppet, Chef and Ansible is?
- Whether it makes sense to use Git to manage device configurations?
- What Gerrit and Jenkins are?
- What tools you could use to manage logs and events?
- Why so many engineers use pmacct to monitor the traffic flows?
- What you could do with a syslog collector (apart from having messages logged and analyzed)?
- Why would an IPAM be part of an automation solution? How would you link it with one?
- Why would someone mention SNMP tools and automation in the same sentence?
This webinar will give you an overview of all these tools, explain the differences between them and typical use cases for each tool.
- Configuration and state management tools: Puppet and Chef;
- Automation frameworks: Ansible;
- Version control and review tools: Git and Gerrit;
- Continuous integration with Jenkins;
- Configuration backup with Rancid and Oxidized;
- IPAM tools: nsot and NIPAP;
- SNMP-based monitoring with Observium, LibreNMS and Grafana/ELK
- Flow data management with pmacct, nfdump and ELK stack
- Service monitoring with Nagios and Munin
- Syslog processing with Graylog and Splunk
- Network testing with perf tools and ToDD
About the Authors
Ivan Pepelnjak (CCIE#1354 Emeritus) has implemented his first network automation solution in mid-1990s, presented SDN and Network Automation solutions at Interop, Troopers, RIPE and other regional ISP meetings, and delivered numerous on-site SDN and network automation workshops for large enterprises and service providers.
Ivan is the author of several SDN-related books, Hands-On Network Automation workshop, Building Network Automation Solutions online course, highly praised webinars, and dozens of network automation and SDN-related technical articles published on his blog.
The Network Automation Tools is a 3-hour technical presentation available as a set of downloadable videos that you can buy in our online store or get as part of network automation workshop or Building Network Automation Solutions online course. We can also organize an on-site Hands-On Network Automation workshop, where the topics of this presentation are combined with in-depth discussion of other network automation topics that apply to your network.
- SDN, NFV and OpenFlow
- Network Automation
- Cloud Infrastructure and SDDC
- Data Center webinars
- Virtualization webinars
- IPv6 webinars
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
Related blog posts