Creating DMVPN Configurations with Ansible
Ansible UpdatesLive session on Tuesday, May 23rd 10:00 EDT
This part of the Using Ansible, YAML and Jinja2 webinar is a case study describing how you can use Ansible to build router configurations from an abstract YAML-based data model and router configuration templates using Jinja2 templating language.
The case study focuses on large-scale DMVPN deployment and covers the following topics:
- Requirements, goals, and the steps needed to reach the goal;
- Brief overview of target network design and proof-of-concept router configurations;
- Generating and optimizing the data model;
- Expressing the data model of a large-scale DMVPN network in YAML;
- Preparing router configuration templates;
- Sample configuration templates using Jinja2 template constructs;
- Automating configuration generation with Ansible.
About the Author
Ivan Pepelnjak (CCIE#1354 Emeritus) has implemented his first network automation solution in mid-1990s, presented SDN and Network Automation solutions at Interop, Troopers, RIPE and other regional ISP meetings, and delivered numerous on-site SDN and network automation workshops for large enterprises and service providers.
Ivan is the author of several SDN-related books, Hands-On Network Automation workshop, Building Network Automation Solutions online course, highly praised webinars, and dozens of network automation and SDN-related technical articles published on his blog.
- SDN, NFV and OpenFlow
- Network Automation
- Cloud Infrastructure and SDDC
- Data Center webinars
- Virtualization webinars
- IPv6 webinars
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
Related blog posts