VMware NSX Architecture
Webinar: 4.78 Instructor: 4.79 Materials: 4.83 more …
Register to access this free webinar
VMware NSX brings together the best of Nicira NVP and VMware vCloud Network and Security (vCNS) into one unified platform providing a full-service L2-L7 overlay virtual network for any hypervisor, any cloud platform, deployed on top of any general purpose IP network hardware.
This webinar describes the principles of overlay virtual networking, architecture of VMware NSX and its components, NSX principles of operation, and services offered by VMware NSX in vSphere based clouds, and open source based clouds like OpenStack or CloudStack..
If you're a network architect, designer or implementation engineer working in environments that have already deployed or plan to introduce private or public cloud-based services, this one and a half hour webinar is a must-have overview of an exciting new network virtualization platform.
The webinar covers the following topics:
- Infrastructure-as-a-Service virtual networking requirements;
- Principles of overlay virtual networks;
- VMware NSX architecture and components;
- Controller-based overlay virtual network switching;
- NSX L2 and L3 gateways, load balancers and virtual distributed firewalls;
- NSX deployment in VMware and OpenStack environments.
Network architects, designers and implementation engineers working in environments that plan to deploy cloud services.
To attend this webinar, you should be familiar with the basics of server and network virtualization, VLANs and IP routing.
Awareness of virtual networking concepts and VMware-related technologies is highly recommended. Consider listening to the Introduction to Virtual Networking, Cloud Computing Networking and VMware Networking Technical Deep Dive webinars.
Brad Hedlund (CCIE #5530) has been designing and deploying IP networks and data centers since 1996, with experience in various roles as a customer, consultant, and vendor.
Brad was with Cisco for 6 years focused on data center switching (Nexus) and computing (UCS), worked on infrastructure solutions for Big Data (Hadoop) and open source private cloud (OpenStack) with Dell, and designed and implemented NSX-based solutions with VMware.
In his spare time, Brad maintains a popular blog with topics on data center networking, virtualization, and computing.
Ivan Pepelnjak, CCIE#1354 Emeritus, is an independent network architect, book author, blogger and regular speaker at industry events like Interop, RIPE and regional NOG meetings. He has been designing and implementing large-scale service provider and enterprise networks since 1990, and is currently using his expertise to help multinational enterprises and large cloud- and service providers design next-generation data center and cloud infrastructure using Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) approaches and technologies.
About the webinar
- Very good overview on VMware NSX. Taking into account that this was a sponsored Webinar, I even more appreciate that Ivan still gave "his view" on certain points.
- Benjamin Eggerstedt
- Everything I've come to expect from Ivan - an informative, concise, relevant, perfectly paced and genuinely enjoyable webinar. Many thanks
- It was exellent presented
- Samuel Michalovich
- It was wonderful webinar and I enjoyed the technical discussion immensely. You took great care and time to answer all of the questions.
- Krunal Shah
- Awesome as always. Usual firehosing of important topics and explanations to cut to the chase and explain key items in order to quickly seperate the wheat from the chaff. 2 1/2 days worth of information crammed into 2 1/2 hours. Further research required and repeated viewings to truly understand presented information, but that is actually perfect.
- Kevin Gray
- Was an excellent webinar, help me very much at my work.
- Gabriel Sulbaran
- Material can be used as a part of learning
- Madan H
- Very instructive, best way to ramp up on SDN and how an overlay network actually works.
- Etienne Avon
- This is a great resource for learning NSX and understanding the NSX architecture. The webinar captures adequate details to understand different components and features of NSX.
- Arun Kaushal
About the instructor
- It would have been great if instructor had used a real world topology of a data center and how Vmware NSX works and integrate with it.
- Ivan's webinars are great, he jumps in at an appropriate technical level and keeps everyone on the same page during his comments and discussions by reviewing assumptions that his comments are based on. The access to such an experienced and articulate professional such as Ivan is invaluable.
- Ivan had done great job in preparing material and explaining each topic of webinar in detail.
- Krunal Shah
- Fantastic webinar and presenter! I have always enjoyed Ivan on PacketPushers and I read his blogs, but this was the first class/webinar I took. He was superb, I plan to attend other webinars in the future.
- Chuck Bell
About the materials
- Very informative and much more technical.
- Krunal Shah
- Thank you
- Madan H
- Although I had a single-seat membership a few years ago, it is this webinar that convinced me to renew it and get a team-lead membership this time to make sure my colleagues have access to the material.
- Etienne Avon
- It would really be great if the content can be updated for the latest version of NSX.
- Arun Kaushal
- Since your Data Center Fabric Architectures webinar in 2010 or so:
- Ferenc Balku
- @ioshints @bradhedlund @scott_lowe ipspace NSX webinar just getting started ... and already friggin awesome
- Enjoying the webinar on #VMWNSX with @ioshints and @bradhedlund #ioSpace
- Getting a bit more excited about #NSX listening to @ioshints @scott_lowe and @bradhedlund. Looking forward to having a play with it.
- I'm on the "VMware NSX Architecture" http://nsx-estw.eventbrite.com with @ioshints @bradhedlund @scott_lowe tech to the max.
- @ioshints @bradhedlund @scott_lowe Great information guys! Struggling to keep up with the details. Will be watching the recording too
- Wrapping up the @vmwarensx presentation by @ioshints. I'm excited about getting it in our lab and start POC testing.
- Great job guys, awesome information and very well presented. Thanks 4 answering questions! #NSX #VMware @ioshints @bradhedlund @scott_lowe
- Great session on @vmwarensx with @ioshints , @bradhedlund and @scott_lowe . We went down the #NSX rabbit hole… and then some!
- Great NSX architecture Webinar session. @ioshints @bradhedlund @scott_lowe you guys really Rocks!!!
- Yep, @ioshints & @bradhedlund did a fabulous job. Let us know if you have any other questions, happy to help if we can. #vmwNSX
- @scott_lowe @vmwarensx @ioshints @bradhedlund for now I think I need to stick my brain in a bucket of ice, but will do after recap. Thanks!
- @scott_lowe @ioshints @bradhedlund 3 of you guys have done smth gr8 for community! thx again!
- @scott_lowe @ioshints @bradhedlund Whatever about your many domain specialities, u certainly are master at making deep dive tech consumable
- @ioshints posted his NSX deep dive webinar videos, great stuff
- @scott_lowe you should see @ioshints’s youtube video’s on NSX! Even I can understand (parts of) it
- SDN, NFV and OpenFlow
- Network Automation
- Cloud Infrastructure and SDDC
- Data Center webinars
- Virtualization webinars
- IPv6 webinars
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
Related blog posts