Data Center Fabrics Update
The initial Data Center Fabric Architectures webinar describing fabric architectures from numerous vendors is augmented by semiannual update sessions. The update sessions document the progress and changes to product lines and architectures the vendors made in the last six months.
Buy the webinar
|Downloadable MP4 videos and PDF materials (list)||$ 119.99|
|Digital book in PDF format||$ 119.99|
|Yearly subscription (more)||$ 299.00|
Special Guest Star
Dinesh G Dutt from Cumulus Networks with join the May 2015 session to describe the Cumulus Linux ecosystem and network features his team has implemented in Cumulus Linux.
May 2015 update session includes:
- New 100GE switches from Arista and VXLAN support in Arista EOS;
- VDX 6940 switches from Brocade and new Network OS features including Fabric Virtual Gateway;
- Cisco Nexus 9000-series switches and new Nexus OS features including VM tracker and VXLAN support;
- New switches from Dell Force10 and their VXLAN and OpenFlow support;
- HP Data Center switches and OpenFlow support;
- Overview of Juniper QFX10000 switch
Previous update sessions
The May 2014 update session included:
- New Spline switches from Arista and new Arista EOS features;
- A whole new look on Brocade VCS fabric, including L2 and L3 forwarding, logical chassis and virtual fabrics, STP and LACP integration, and VMware NSX VXLAN gateway;
- New Cisco Nexus switches, an overview of Dynamic Fabric Automation, and description of anycast HSRP and routing protocol peering over vPC+
- A completely overhauled Dell Force10 section;
- An overview of data center protocols in various HP data center switches;
- Rewritten description of Juniper's Virtual Chassis and enhancements introduced in Virtual Chassis Fabric.
May 2013 update session included a special guest star - Dan Backman, solution architect @ Plexxi - who described Plexxi's approach to scale-out data center fabrics. The update session also covered numerous Arista EOS software enhancements, Cisco Nexus 6000 and Juniper EX 9200.
November 2012 update session described Arista 7150, Brocade VDX 8770 and layer-3 forwarding in VCS fabric, Nexus 7004, Nexus 3548 and major additions to NX-OS software, micro-QFabric and Junos 12.2 release, and new software features of Dell Force10.
May 2012 update session described the changes the above-mentioned vendors introduced in the six months since the initial webinar and added few more criteria:
- Optimal layer-3 forwarding across the fabric;
- Layer-3 path isolation support (be it MPLS/VPN or multiple VRF-like routing tables);
- IPv6 support;
- Table sizes (IPv4 table, IPv6 table, MAC table, ARP table, ND table).
Data Center Fabric Architectures webinar focused on fabric architectures and classified them based on control and data plane position within the fabric. It also described product offerings from Alcatel Lucent, Avaya, Arista Networks, Brocade, Cisco, Force10 Networks, HP, Juniper and NEC as of November 2011.
Dinesh Dutt has been in the networking industry for the past 15 years, most of it at Cisco Systems. Most recently, he was a Fellow at Cisco Systems. He has been involved in enterprise and data center networking technologies, including the design of many of the ASICs that powered Cisco's mega-switches such as Cat6K and the Nexus family of switches. He also has experience in storage networking from his days at Andiamo Systems and in the design of FCoE. He is a co-author of TRILL and VxLAN and has filed for over 40 patents.
Ivan Pepelnjak (CCIE#1354 Emeritus) has been designing, deploying, operating and troubleshooting IP-based enterprise and service provider networks since 1990. He’s the author of EIGRP and MPLS books published by Cisco Press, numerous articles and highly praised webinars, including Data Center 3.0 for Networking Engineers and Data Center Interconnects.
The update sessions are 1-2 hour presentations delivered over the Internet in a virtual classroom.
- Webinar materials in PDF format (list)
- Live webinar session
- Recording of virtual classroom session
- Downloadable videos in MP4 format (list)
- VMware Networking Deep Dive
- Data Center 3.0 for Networking Engineers
- Data Center Interconnects
- Data Center Trilogy
- SDN, NFV and OpenFlow
- Cloud Infrastructure and SDDC
- Data Center webinars
- Virtualization webinars
- IPv6 webinars
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN)