Data Center Fabrics Update
The initial Data Center Fabric Architectures webinar describing fabric architectures from numerous vendors is augmented by semiannual update sessions. The update sessions document the progress and changes to product lines and architectures the vendors made in the last six months.
The May 2014 update session will include:
- New Spline switches from Arista and Arista EOS OpenStack integration;
- A whole new look on Brocade VCS fabric, including L2 and L3 forwarding, logical chassis and virtual fabrics, STP and LACP integration, and VMware NSX VXLAN gateway;
- New Cisco Nexus switches, an overview of Dynamic Fabric Automation, and description of anycast HSRP and routing protocol peering over vPC+
- An overview of data center protocols in various HP data center switches;
- Enhancements to Juniper's Virtual Chassis.
Previous update sessions
Data Center Fabric Architectures webinar focused on fabric architectures and classified them based on control and data plane position within the fabric. It also described product offerings from Alcatel Lucent, Avaya, Arista Networks, Brocade, Cisco, Force10 Networks, HP, Juniper and NEC as of November 2011.
May 2013 update session included a special guest star - Dan Backman, solution architect @ Plexxi - who described Plexxi's approach to scale-out data center fabrics. The update session also covered numerous Arista EOS software enhancements, Cisco Nexus 6000 and Juniper EX 9200.
November 2012 update session described Arista 7150, Brocade VDX 8770 and layer-3 forwarding in VCS fabric, Nexus 7004, Nexus 3548 and major additions to NX-OS software, micro-QFabric and Junos 12.2 release, and new software features of Dell Force10.
May 2012 update session described the changes the above-mentioned vendors introduced in the six months since the initial webinar and added few more criteria:
- Optimal layer-3 forwarding across the fabric;
- Layer-3 path isolation support (be it MPLS/VPN or multiple VRF-like routing tables);
- IPv6 support;
- Table sizes (IPv4 table, IPv6 table, MAC table, ARP table, ND table).
Ivan Pepelnjak (CCIE#1354 Emeritus) has been designing, deploying, operating and troubleshooting IP-based enterprise and service provider networks since 1990. He’s the author of EIGRP and MPLS books published by Cisco Press, numerous articles and highly praised webinars, including Data Center 3.0 for Networking Engineers and Data Center Interconnects.
The update sessions are 1-2 hour presentations delivered over the Internet in a virtual classroom.
- Webinar materials in PDF format
- Live interactive session in a WebEx classroom
- Recording of your WebEx session
- VMware Networking Deep Dive
- Data Center 3.0 for Networking Engineers
- Data Center Interconnects
- Data Center Trilogy
- SDN, NFV and OpenFlow
- Cloud Infrastructure and SDDC
- Data Center webinars
- Virtualization webinars
- IPv6 webinars
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN)